What is a Registered Investment Advisor?
- A Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) manages the assets of high net-worth individuals and institutional investors. They must register with Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and any states in which they operate.
- Entities that receive compensation for giving advice on investing in securities such as stocks, bonds, options or exchange traded funds are deemed to be investment advisors.
- An Investment Advisor must adhere to a fiduciary standard of care laid out in the US Investment Advisors Act of 1940
Why use a Registered Investment Advisor?
- A Registered Investment Advisor is required by industry and regulatory standards to act and serve a client's best interests with the intent to eliminate, or at least to expose, all potential conflicts of interest which might incline an investment advisor—consciously or unconsciously—to render advice which was not in the best interest of the Investment Advisor's clients.
Does GFS hold my assets?
- No. All assets are held a Pershing, LLC, a division of The Bank of New York Mellon. No deposits will ever be made directly to GFS but rather they are only made directly to your account held at Pershing, LLC.
Are my assets secure?
How is your account fee charged at GFS?
- An asset based fee is charged automatically on a quarterly basis for the succeeding quarter.
Is there any lock up period or backend sales charge?
- No. GFS has no lockup period, backend sales charge, or cancelation charge.
- All liquid investment are typically available for same day withdrawal. The only exception is for unsettled trades which carry a maximum wait time of 72 hours.
- Since all program fees are charged quarterly in advance, any account closings will result in a prorated refund of the unused portion of that specific quarter.
How often will I receive reports?
- Reports and account details are available 24/7 online. These reports include but are not limited to monthly statements, trade confirmations, tax documents, prospectuses, proxy notifications. Paper delivery of all documentation is also available.
Is my personal information secure?